Api docs info text

While reading the docs I just had some feedback on some of the helper text I found:
api-docs Version: CL-69070-B-686

“Mesh.gravityEnabled” info text reads as “Turn on or off physics”. which looks like a copy-paste error of the above value.

“VoxelMesh.gravityEnabled” info text reads as “Turn on or off physics”. which looks like a copy-paste error of the above value.

“User.showDefaultCrosshair” info text reads as “Turn on or off ability to crouch or go prone” which feels unrelated

2 Likes

Thanks for this, and please add to this thread with any other API doc issues that you find.

A couple of things I’ve noticed about the API docs:

• It looks like all of the links that end in “Asset” have no corresponding section on the page (except for VoxelAsset which has an empty section). Not sure if those are coming soon or if they’re duplicates of the similarly named links (eg: Widget vs WidgetAsset / World vs WorldAsset).

• I believe Nomaki updated the page structure to reorganize the links and keep all the sections expanded but now the scroll-to-section doesn’t work, essentially making the links at the top useless. Personally I think the best way to fix it would be to make all the links at the top actual <a> links (currently they’re <span> links) and use the unique IDs on each section as anchors. I tested it locally and you get the scroll-to-section automatically with that implementation, plus the benefit of being able to copy/paste deep links to specific sections (eg: https://developer.crayta.com/api-docs/#sectionCamera). Of course, that’s just my 2¢.

2 Likes

This is me wrangling with some auto-generated docs, have tidied up the bits I missed and replaced the headers with anchor tags - Now to update the generation script with this template…

The -asset auto gen sections is an internal thing which I thought I’d removed, but a few slipped past.

1 Like

It’s looking (and functioning) great now! Thanks a million :slight_smile:

1 Like