Corrupted games that crash your client when you try to edit them

Describe the bug:
There is a nasty editor bug that makes the server go missing and afterwards your client crashes every time you try to edit the game. The only solution is Rollback. It happened to me 3 times this month on 3 different games, but I don’t know how to reproduce it. It seems entirely random.

It apparently also happened to other people.

An example game in this corrupted state is the game called “Game Jam” by NyaAlchemy. It was created on 12. September 2022.

This is the crash message from the Epic Games client:
Assertion failed: false [File:D:/open/jen/0/livehotfix/Game/Source/ProjectZero/PZPlayerController.cpp] [Line: 7094] Actor group timed out for reason Generic, see above for more information

I assume the server save runs into an error and leaves the game in a corrupted state.

How do you cause this bug?

• Do something in the editor - Seems entirely random, might be only editing a script
  • Server goes missing and counts up to 60. Your client disconnects
  • Every time you try to load the game in the editor it will crash your client

Which platform: PC

Which input: keyboard + mouse

Your Crayta username: Vilva#9953

Game seen in (including “Hub” or “Editor for XYZ”): Editor for “Game Jam” by NyaAlchemy

How regularly do you see this? (E.g. 2/3 times - please try 3 times if possible): 3 times this month. After it happened your client will crash every time until you rollback the game

Time + date seen: 27.09.2022

Version number (found in Help tab in Settings): 0.g3.9.128732

1 Like

Hi @Vilva,

Thanks very much for the game details, I’ve located it, made a copy and reproduced the crash. A bug report has been sent through to the developers.

1 Like