Package Name: Dungeon Portals
Package Description: A Teleportation package using Portals! Includes many configuration options for both Portal and Teleportation, with plenty of examples.
- Install the package ‘Dungeon Portals’
- Drag and drop the example Portal templates
- Optional: Install ‘Prompts’ package if you want the Portals to show Prompts
- Portal Respawn
- Active/Inactive/Using/Used/Arrival Effects
- Effect delay/lifetime
- Use/Arrival Sounds
- Enable/disable Interact with Prompts
- Teleport Delay
- Drag and drop one of the example Portal templates
The portal templates are preconfigured to work without any additional input, though there are many customizable settings if you wish to do so.
Each property has a tooltip, highlight over the property name to read what each property does.
Read about portalScript properties
Recently added properties
- requireItem: If true, require an item to be present in inventory, in order to use portal. If item is not present, player will be denied access to portal.
- requiredItem: The item to be required.
- requiredAmount: The amount of item required. Generally set to 1 unless the item is being consumed.
- itemMissingMsg: The message to shout if player does not have the required item.
- notEnoughMsg: The message to shout if player does not have the required item.
- consumeItem: If true, consume (remove) the required item from players inventory on portal use.
- doScreenFade: If true, do Screen Fade on teleportation.
- advancedScreenFade: If true, access advanced configuration on Screen Fade.
- screenFadeColor: The color of the screen fade.
- inOutDuration: The duration of screen fade in, and screen fade out.
- zeroOutDuration: The duration of screen fade, after the screen has already faded in, before continuing to fade back out.
- useAdvancedEffects: If true, use an advanced effect such as Steam - Advanced, Fire - Fireplace, Fire - Torch.
- onPortalEntered: Event(s) called On Portal Entered, likely only if you are using a teleport delay.
- trigger: The trigger which teleports the player.
- respawnTime: How long (in seconds) should portal respawn after use? Set to 0 for instant respawn.
- activeEffect: The effect to show when portal is available for use.
- usedSound: The sound to play during use of Portal. Typically only heard by Player if using Teleport Delay.
- doUsingEffect: If true, an effect to show when portal is being used.
- usingEffect: The effect to show when portal is actively being used.
- usingEffectDelay: How long (in seconds) to wait before showing using effect?
- usingEffectLifetime: How long (in seconds) should using effect last?
- stopActiveOnUsing: If true, Active effect will stop when Using effect starts.
- doInactiveEffect: If true, an effect to show when portal is waiting to respawn.
- inactiveEffect: The effect to show when portal is waiting to respawn.
- inactiveEffectDelay: How long (in seconds) to wait before showing inactive effect?
- usedEffect: The effect to play when portal is used.
- usedEffectLifetime: How long (in seconds) should used effect last?
- light: The light to show when portal is active.
- activeLightIntensity: How bright should lighting be when portal is active?
- inactiveLightIntensity: How bright should lighting be when portal is inactive?
- allowInteract: If true, allow player to use portal through the interact keybind. Distance is based off of Interaction Range set in Player template.
- promptMsg: If using Prompts, the message to show when player looks at portal.
- arrivalEffect: The effect to play when player has arrived at teleportLocation.
- arrivalSound: The sound to play on arrival at Teleport Location.
- delay: How long (in seconds) should player stand in portal before it teleports them?
- location: Where we are sending the player. Move teleportLocation locator entity to somewhere in the game world.
- onTeleportComplete: Event(s) called On Teleport Complete.
- portalActive: The locator entity for Active effect.
- portalInactive: The locator entity for Inactive effect.
- portalUsed: The locator entity for Used effect.
- portalUsing: The locator entity for Using effect.
- teleportArrival: The locator entity for Arrival effect.