It’d be nice to have a text box in the editor we could use to talk to collaborators. Voice chat works, but I feel there’s some opportunities for improving overall workflow if we had a chat box that operated similarly to an MMO chatbox.
For example, features that could potentially ease burden of navigation and communication:
- Being able to link entities in the chat. Any player in the editor could click on that entity and focus it in the world tree
- Being able to link templates in the chat. Any player in the editor could click on that template and be brought to the template editor
- Linking sounds that can be previewed just by clicking on the chat. (Eg. “Hey, what about this sound effect? [Phone 1]”)
- Being able to link to scripts, or even script lines. (eg. “Hey, I can’t figure this out, can you take a look? [SpawnUserScript#46]”)
- Same thing as above, but for widgets.
- Being able to link your current position. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had an exchange like “hey come look at this” followed by “Where are you”.