Describe the bug:
If you have a setup like
And you add
ScriptFolder -> someScript -> someFn to an event, the event will not be returned via
How do you cause this bug?
- Clone the “Bindings Bug” game from user Cereal (it’s not published)
Take a look at the events on the entity in the world tree - there’s several variations that work. The second event registered does not work.
Please note: I tried to package this as a package, however the game crashed when I tried, so I’m leaving it as an unpublished game. Pretty sure you guys can clone that anyway.
Your Crayta username: Cereal
Game seen in (including “Hub” or “Editor for XYZ”):
How regularly do you see this? (E.g. 2/3 times - please try 3 times if possible): Easily recreated
Time + date seen: December 16 2021
Version number (found in Help tab in Settings): 0.e3.63.114111
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I have submitted a ticket for our internal team to investigate this issue further.
This looks like it’s working as intended, as
GetAllBindings matches the behaviour you would get when you Send the event.
I added prints to each of the three event functions used in the game, and sent each event in turn:
[Server] 1 0 1 1
Each event printed the correct number of statements to match the results of
I note that you specifically refer to the player template. The test was performed in the
Init() of a world entity script. The player will not have spawned at that point, so there is nothing for the second event (which has a binding declared against the player template (onTest2) to do. If you delay the test by 1 second so that the player has had chance to spawn, you get a different result:
Let me know if I’ve misunderstood something, but I don’t think there’s an issue here
Thanks for the explanation.
This specifically popped up in a different game, but it was long after the player had spawned. I’m going to have to dig into it more and get back to you. I must be barking up the wrong tree.