First Person Camera doesn't activate in Preview unless Player Camera Collision occurs

Describe the bug:
First Person Camera doesn’t activate in Preview unless Player Camera Collision occurs

How do you cause this bug?

• List the steps
    Start an Empty Game, enable these properties on the Player:
    Camera Collision Enabled true
    Forced Camera Restrictions 1st Person Only
    Preview

The Player will remain in 3rd Person unless Camera Collision occurs, after which 1st Person starts

Screenshots / video of bug:

Which platform: PC / Stadia

Which input: Controller / keyboard + mouse

Your Crayta username:

Game seen in (including “Hub” or “Editor for XYZ”):

How regularly do you see this? (E.g. 2/3 times - please try 3 times if possible):
Every time

Time + date seen: 13th October 2022

Version number (found in Help tab in Settings):

(PC only) hardware specs (upload dxdiag file if possible - Open and run DxDiag.exe):

Remember!
The more information you provide, the more likely it is that this bug can be fixed quickly! Also, if this was discussed in Discord / Reddit / elsewhere, it might help to include a screenshot of that discussion!

Hi @Varun_Aiyar,

I’ve set up a blank blueprint with the settings you mentioned above on the live game. I’m having the camera start in third person and then snap into first person which doesn’t look very graceful sometimes, but it isn’t remaining in third person camera for me. It takes around 4 seconds. Is this the issue you’re reporting?

Yes, this is the issue. I didn’t notice that it would snap after 4 seconds if left untouched.

@Varun_Aiyar That’s great, I’ve put a report in about it. Thanks for the info!

1 Like