[Fixed] No buttons work while holding Alt/AltGr

Holding Alt means no buttons work properly. This makes development in lua nearly impossible for users with nordic keyboard layouts, as holding Alt is required for the characters [] and {}.

Edit: It has also been confirmed that characters like åäö don’t work in crayta.

5 Likes

I confirm that I have the same problem. Æ and Ø probably do not work either. I’ll gladly work with you guys to test or confirm this once you have a fix proposal.

1 Like

This has been brought up and bugged, sorry for the inconvenience! Our own local Swede is on fixing it!

2 Likes

Great. ^ ` does not work either

Also doesn´t work on german layout. Should be the same problem.

1 Like

Can confirm for german layout. @ and | and \ cannot be used as well, because you would need ALT for that.

1 Like

A good workaround would be to include these signs in the script template (maybe in a comment).

1 Like

You could also download another package with a script in and copy them from there?

1 Like

I can add that this is also an issue for French (AZERTY) keyboards, for which some pretty important keys are hidden behind Alt Gr: {}[]|

2 Likes

I also find a similar issue in a Spanish Mac keyboard. I can’t use the [] or {} symbols, pressing “alt” and the key does not work.

2 Likes

I also have the same issue with Spanish keyboards

2 Likes

Update: for anyone with this issue, there is a package called “I can’t even square bracket” that includes copy-pastable variants of most affected characters.

2 Likes

I can confirm this has been fixed in the next patch! Sorry for the inconvenience!

…Now how do I turn of this keyboard… ÄÖÄÄ:^ÅÖPOKPÅ;ÖÅOK

3 Likes

Awesome! When can we hope for the patch to be deployed?

1 Like

Never gönnä türn it öff, never gönnä shüt it döwn :crazy_face:

1 Like

Should be a couple of weeks, but it’s coming as soon as possible!

1 Like

This is here now! Full patch notes are at Patch Notes: Crayta 0.6.1.71003 but this is one of the things we got in. :tada:

Awesome, thanks a lot for the work!

1 Like

I don’t really want to dig this thread out of the grave, but on Linux I can’t type “{” and “}” (German QWERTZ). I know I’m in the minority with that, but I just wanted to mention it.

Unfortunately I can’t use these keys on Chromebooks either (probably because they’re Linux-based as well). Any updates?