Describe the bug:
If you open the code editor full screen, the entire game world is still rendered in the background. This results in dramatically lower frame rates than necessary when editing code.
As a result, I’ve made it a habit of opening an empty template when in a large world, before opening scripts to edit because the frame rate is so much higher. This makes typing, highlighting, general editing much smoother.
How do you cause this bug?
- This is easier to see in a large world
- Open the game in create mode
- Hit O, go to the performance tab, note the frame rate.
- Open a script for editing such that it’s fullscreen - note the frame rate doesn’t change.
- Now, create an empty template, and edit it. Notice the frame rate skyrockets because it’s not rendering anything. I believe this is the behavior a fullscreen code editor should have.
Note the frames per second in each scenario.
In world, code open:
In template, code open:
Which platform: PC / Stadia
Your Crayta username: Cereal
Game seen in (including “Hub” or “Editor for XYZ”):
How regularly do you see this? (E.g. 2/3 times - please try 3 times if possible): Every time
Time + date seen: 2021-11-28
Version number (found in Help tab in Settings): 0.d5.9.111485