LOCKPICKING SKILL AND DOOR by Vargath.
The package adds a Lockpicking skill that can go from 1 to 100 skillpoints. The skill raises by using Lockpicks to unlock doors.
Includes three templates (Vgz_Door, Door key and Lockpick) and two scripts(Vgz_LockpickableDoor and Vgz_UserLockpicking).
It works with any door that has open and close animations. It uses the “Inventory” and “Notifications” packages.
The Door script can be used for three purposes, depending on your needs.
- A door that can be opened and closed on interact, with sounds and events OnOpen and OnClose.
- For this purpose, create a door and add the “Vgz_InteractableDoor” script on the OnInteract event.
- Set the “Default Door Lock” property to “Open”
- The door can be locked and unlocked with a key, with sounds and events OnLock and OnUnlock.
- Simply create a template for the key (or use the one I made) and fill the “Door Key Template” property selecting the key template.
- For this use, you will need the “Inventory” package properly installed.
- The door can be lockpicked. Includes animation, sounds and events OnLockpickFail and OnUnlock.
- The player has a Lockpicking Skill that goes from 1 to 100 and the skill raises by using it.
- You will need to create a lockpick template (or use the one I made) and fill the “Lockpick Template” property selecting the template. The lockpick difficulty can be chosen from Easy to Extremely
- For this use, you will need to attach the “Vgz_UserLockpicking” script to the User template.
- Don’t forget to fill the script properties “Grip” and “Lockpicking Sound” which are used for the lockpicking animation. Try the ones I recommend on each property description.
- It is recommendable to have “Notifications” script.
STEP BY STEP
Download crayta “Inventory” package (or one compatible), add the “Player Inventory View” to the player template and the “User Inventory” to the User template.
Download crayta “Notifications” package (or one compatible), add the “User Notifications” to the User template.
You can add the Door Key and/or Lockpick to your inventory in the “User/UserInventory/Defaults” folder by filling a couple of “InventoryDefaultScript” with the templates (Warning: lockpicks can break, add more than 1!)
Create a door and add the “Vgz_LockpickableDoor” to the OnInteract event (or use the door I made). Configure the settings as wished.
Add the “Vgz_UserScript” to the User template. Don’t forget to fill the script properties “Grip” and “Lockpicking Sound” which are used for the lockpicking animation. Try the ones I recommend on each property description.
RECOMMENDED LOCKPICK DIFFICULTIES
For Lockpick 1-30 set to EASY
For Lockpick 30-50 set to MEDIUM
For Lockpick 50-70 set to HARD
For Lockpick 70-90 set to VERY HARD
For Lockpick 90-100 set to EXTREME
Go to Play and search for the game called “Showcase: Lockpicking Skill & Door”.
FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME FOR ANYTHING RELATED TO THE PACKAGE.