Low health effect is stuck forever

Describe the bug:

This is a bug in official package “Damage Indicator”. The problem is at line 14 of LowHealthEffectScript:LocalInit

self.defaultColorGrade = GetWorld().colorGrading

This line assumes that at the moment when LocalInit is called, the color grading is correct (“default” one). However, it is entirely possible that at this moment grading would actually not be desired “default” grading, but could even be the grading which was set by the script itself.

How do you cause this bug?

• Add “Damage Indicator” package in game
  • Drop “Player Low Health Effects” on player
  • make sure you have “Game” package setup with lobby
  • start game with couple of players
  • damage one of players while you are in lobby so that their low health effects gets triggered right before game is started (and players got respawned)

Once damaged player respawns - you get bug triggered, because their LowHealthEffectScript will assume that standard “Red Accent” (left from the time when their previous character instance got low health) is default color grade, after which it will never change no matter what happens - since it is “Read Accent” by default as well as at low health, so even after next respawn the same thing happens.

Screenshots / video of bug:
This basically was found by AJ during stream. You can see that he got Red Accent during lobby and it was still on when lobby finished and respawn happened and that is when bug is triggered.

Which platform: does not matter

Which input: does not matter

Your Crayta username: strowk

Game seen in (including “Hub” or “Editor for XYZ”): Axe Fighting Golem

How regularly do you see this? (E.g. 2/3 times - please try 3 times if possible): always

Time + date seen: ~9 pm 17 Feb

Version number (found in Help tab in Settings): does not really matter, bug in a package…

Hey, we are currently looking into fixing this for an upcoming patch.

1 Like

Cool! FYI - I tried switching client’s color grading back in OnDestroy and it did not work (probably due to OnDestroy being called on server and until it can notify client, the new character already appears on client or some other race condition involved).

So I ended up adding defaultColorGrading property, which I set to Neutral in AFG