Mesh scaled objects attached to player in first person has distorted shadows

Describe the bug: When attaching kitbashed stuff to player (with various scaled meshes), the shadows seen in first person are distorted, with the shadows being of the original scale rather than the new one.

How do you cause this bug?
Add scaled meshes to a gun for example then go into first person.

Screenshots / video of bug:

Which platform: Stadia

Your Crayta username: im_lazyy

Game seen in (including “Hub” or “Editor for XYZ”): Editor

How regularly do you see this? (E.g. 2/3 times - please try 3 times if possible): every time

Time + date seen: 2/8/2022 13:38

Version number (found in Help tab in Settings): 0.g2.53.127708

Hi @ApplesauceDev,

I’ve had a look in the editor in one of the game blueprints that has guns set up as default. I’ve attached a large mesh to the gun and then scaled it down and previewed and the shadow looks the same size as the scaled down mesh that is attached to the gun. Are you able to give steps you’re using to create the kitbashed gun just incase the way you’re doing it is different (or better yet, include a video of the process if possible).

Thanks for your report!

Here’s a video, though I did it on pc this time, the shadow effect was still there

I used the starter FFA blueprint, set the player to first person, then on the gun template i added a cable car support column then i changed the scaling. The scaling on the XYZ axis was uneven, this seemed to produce a more visible shadow bug.

Hi @ApplesauceDev,

Thanks, I’ve now reproduced the issue and put a report into our system.

Thanks again for the report!