Moving objects visible state and collision desync when server is running for a long time

Describe the bug
When a game server is running for a long time you constantly collide with moving / rotating objects, while on your screen you shouldn’t get hit. This might be because the Client is handling visuals, while the server is handling collisions and both are in a different state (e.g. Client object rotation is 90, while at the same time on the server it is -90).

This bug can also be observed while playtesting in the Editor on a project that has been open for a long time. But if you choose to test “On a new server”, the desync is gone.

How do you cause this bug?

• Use the Mighty Animations package. Add some rotating objects with a listener “OnCollision” event, that kills the player or prints something. Let the server run for 10 hours. Test the game and get hit when you shouldn’t get hit.
  • You can also observe this bug in popular games like “Rainbow Racer”. If you get on a server that’s running for a long time the game gets really glitchy and some sections are impossible, because you keep falling through the ground on some moving platforms.

Which platform: PC / Stadia

Which input: keyboard + mouse

Your Crayta username: Vilva#9953

Game seen in (including “Hub” or “Editor for XYZ”): Editor for Sky Island Adventure, Rainbow Racer

How regularly do you see this? (E.g. 2/3 times - please try 3 times if possible): Every time

Time + date seen: 14.11.2021

Version number (found in Help tab in Settings): 0.d5.9.111485

Hi Vilva,

Do you know if this happens with the Rotate and Move package that we provide?

It would be easier to pass this to the development team if we could recreate it with a script we provide, rather than a community created script.

Cheers,

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

I would assume that it also happens with Crayta packages, but I didn’t test it. The next time that I have an editor session open I might test it.