My game won't stop crashing

Describe the bug: Fresh installation of Windows. Only programs downloaded are: Chrome, Discord, Epic Client, and Elgato WaveLink. My game is still crashing.

How do you cause this bug? I seem to crash when: Loading up Crayta, Loading into a game, Loading into one of my game worlds, Copying a template into my game world, Copying and Pasting something within the world tree, or when switching from Editor mode to Play mode.

Screenshots / video of bug:

Which platform: PC

Which input: Keyboard + mouse

Your Crayta username: Slaying or Siaying (not sure)

Game seen in (including “Hub” or “Editor for XYZ”): N/A

How regularly do you see this? 75%~ of the time when doing any of the above mentioned.

Time + date seen: 10/7/2021 - 11:58 PM EST

Version number (found in Help tab in Settings):

(PC only) hardware specs EVGA 3070 XC3 Ultra Gaming - Ryzen 5 3600X - MSI B450M - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8) - Crucial - MX500 - NZXT C 650 W 80+ Gold DXDIAG HERE

Remember!
The more information you provide, the more likely it is that this bug can be fixed quickly! Also, if this was discussed in Discord / Reddit / elsewhere, it might help to include a screenshot of that discussion!

Finally, at least i am not the only one. Crashed douzens of times since yesterday

1 Like

Hey there @Slaying,

First off I would like to welcome you to Crayta! :partying_face:

Secondly, I would like to thank you for informing us about this issue, seems like it might be an issue that has been brought to our attention by our dear friend @Ya_shi_shi. I shall open another ticket for you, and see if there is any relation to it.

Have a wonderful weekend! :relaxed:

2 Likes

I appreciate it! Just wanted to see if there are perhaps any updates to this… Whether it be a possible fix pushed out by the Dev team, or any advice on what I could possibly do on my end to try solving this issue. Thank you.

Wanted to give an update to my bug report. I read through @Ya_shi_shi 's bug report (World tree fails to load + crash), and it does indeed seem very similar to my experience.

@Ya_shi_shi said that his world tree is failing to load - So I started noticing, that when I am duplicating something, switching between editor and preview and play mode, copying templates into the game, etc. that my world tree is also not loading.

It seems we both also experience this crashing with similar crash message while loading into the hub or games.

The possible difference, however, is that I am experiencing this issue in the editor even on newly created game worlds with no assets/folders etc.

They have mentioned:

Just switch into preview as soon as you see that the world tree remains empty to avoid that issue. After previewing, just hit F5 one more time and recheck the world tree, it usually loads the next time.

This usually works for me too. However this is only an option in the editor, not when loading into the hub or other games users have created, so this solution won’t work for everything. It also usually takes multiple attemps, sometimes 10-15 times of switching between preview and editor to finally load the world tree.

2 Likes

Yep, agreed entirely. It sometimes happens when launching into the hub/other games too (usually when launching Crayta in background/while focusing another window).

2 Likes

Oh Wow!
Thank you guys for the feedback! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
What I have done is updated the ticket, (Both of them)
And increased the urgency so that it can be looked into faster! :+1:

I might have a contribution to this. Not 100% sure it’s related.

If you copy over my unpublished game “Tree Dash”, preview it, and let it run for several minutes, then stop the preview - the world tree will either not load, or take a very long time to load.

The property text will also randomly not load after doing this.

This might be a very good example because there’s only 4 things in the tree.

2 Likes

Hey Cereal,

I have added your feedback to the bug! :+1: