NPC Idle animation makes new socket positioning snap unpredictably/impossible to micro adjust using mouse

Describe the bug:
When you attach a mesh to an NPC and attach it to a socket that moves with the NPC’s idle animation, it causes the mesh to snap around. I can tell it is the animation that is causing this because if you use a socket that doesn’t move with the idle breathing animation (the feet), you do not have the snapping issue.

How do you cause this bug?
Put an NPC in the world (Primitives, NPC, drop them in.)
Drag any mesh, preferable something small for positioning and drop it on the NPC in the world tree. I’d suggest something the player can hold.
Turn off the collision of the mesh and change the socket of the mesh
Change the mesh socket to “character_righthand”
Turn off the grid snap
Select the mesh, try to move the mesh very slightly.
Release the mouse when done moving
notice how it jumps around to a different position.

Repeat these steps with “character_leftfoot” -
This is not an issue here because the foot does not move with the idle NPC animation.

Suggestion: Option to turn off idle animation of the NPC in editor mode so we can position items at a very micro level all over the body.

Screenshots / video of bug:

In the below video you can see the mesh moves perfectly on the foot but position in the hand (or any part that moves in the editor with the animation) causes the mesh to jump around making it hard to position.

Which platform: PC / Stadia
PC

Which input: Controller / keyboard + mouse
KBM

Your Crayta username:
DryCoast

Game seen in (including “Hub” or “Editor for XYZ”):
All Editor sessions

How regularly do you see this? (E.g. 2/3 times - please try 3 times if possible):.
3/3

Time + date seen:
October 15th 2022

Version number (found in Help tab in Settings):
0.h1.98.133663

(PC only) hardware specs (upload dxdiag file if possible - Open and run DxDiag.exe):

Remember!
The more information you provide, the more likely it is that this bug can be fixed quickly! Also, if this was discussed in Discord / Reddit / elsewhere, it might help to include a screenshot of that discussion!

Thanks for the report @Dry_Coast, I’ve reproduced this my side and sent a report to the developers.

1 Like