Package update: unable to add template

game name: ice fishing
creator: sinjin
package name: warmth

unable to add Warmth Trigger template to Warmth package when trying to update it.
a new package can be made with the template.
video: https://youtu.be/RIaK0jSfus8

game: Yukon Adventure - i was able to reproduce this bug.

1. made new template of campfire only
  • was able to update package with this template
  • no script was assigned to template
  1. new trigger box as template
  • added script to trigger
  • added ontriggerenter and exit
  • unable to update package with templare
  1. template made of trigger only
  • was able to update package with this template
  • added script or onenter or onexit
  • unable to update package with template
  1. workaround
  • added template of trigger box (and nothing else) and updated package
  • added scripts and onenter/onexit, updated package
  • added campfire mesh, updated package.

Hi sinjin,

Thank you for the detailed bug report.
Unfortunately I am having difficulties reproducing your issue.

When attempting to add the new trigger box to the template and update the package, the only time I was unable to update the package was after I added the onTrigger events but before I assigned the Entities and Scripts to each event. (This caused an error in the Templates)

Is this similar the issue you are experiencing or is there any additional information I could use to reproduce your issue?

i still have the game with this bug. Warmth Trigger template cannot be added to the package to update it.

i had to do a work around as to update the package in a different game. if you want, you can close this and i’ll just delete the package from this game with the error.

I’ll contact our internal team and see if someone can track down the issue with your template/package.

This may help in ensuring you, and other players, no longer encounter issues like this in the future.

sounds good. if someone needs access to the game - it’s either called deep dive or ice fishing. you can’t break it as i’m not using it for anything.