This is a package that can be used to adjust and alter the movement behaviour of a character while inside of a trigger. The trigger will record their state when they enter the trigger to ensure that the state they entered in is reverted when they leave.
Check out the live stream where this package was made here: https://youtu.be/fFY922Wc2tM?t=5962
- Go to the community tab and search “Player Movement Trigger Logic”
- Install the package
- Drag the SlowMud template into the world
- Drag the BoostPad template into the world
There is nothing to install on the player/user for this package to work. These two examples show how the trigger can be used to either restrict the player (mud) or boost the player (boost pad).
There are a few properties on the trigger that can be set to alter the behaviour of the trigger.
- moveSpeed = The speed of the player while inside of the trigger
- canJump = Sets if the player can jump while inside of the trigger
- canCrouch = Sets if the player can crouch while inside of the trigger
- canSprint = Sets if the player can sprint while inside of the trigger