Server terminated during allocation

Describe the bug:

How do you cause this bug?

• Go to Create
  • Select game “Bullet-Hell”
  • Always seing that error - SERVER_TERMINATED_DURING_ALLOCATION and then Crayta hangs and shows loading screen either until I restart it, or if I wait several minutes - it just loads Hub

This always happens with that game, other games are fine. I already had problems with that game, it has template called TemplateOfDoom, opening which would always cause game to crash, but it was supposed to be fixed in Game crashing when I open template

Screenshots / video of bug:

Which platform: PC

Which input: keyboard + mouse

Your Crayta username: str-read

Game seen in (including “Hub” or “Editor for XYZ”): Editor of Bullet-Hell

How regularly do you see this? (E.g. 2/3 times - please try 3 times if possible): already 5 times in a row

Time + date seen: 08.08.2021

Version number (found in Help tab in Settings): 0.7.611.107879

Can you give that a go and see if that works for you now?

1 Like

Working back again, thanks!

Ok, now it happens again with another game - “Digital Apocalypse”. Exactly the same behavior

Sorry for the delay, I’ve been on holiday.

Digital Apocalypse should now load for you. This looks like a completely different problem to the one you seen before, and I’m still unsure what caused it.

It appears as though your ApocalypticGunsPlayer template asset failed to ‘revert’ after your new version of ApocalypticGuns was created. This left your game with a version of ApocalypticGunsPlayer that was the same as it was before the new package version was created, which meant it contained some out of date data that the server could not process when the game next loaded.

This is the first time we’ve ever seen anything like this happen, and I’m really struggling to see how it could have occurred! If you have any idea about what might have caused this, please let me know :slight_smile:

I have fixed your game by deleting these local changes to ApocalypticGunsPlayer, so it will now default back to the version that was saved into your new version of the ApocalypticGuns package.

Checked, right now game is loading again, thanks!

If you need details what happened was that in Digital Apocalypse I was working on ApocalypticGuns package, and in one publish I might have made it public, but in the next back to private ( I did not want to make it public ). Then I think there might have been somehow included parts of inventory package. Still not sure how that happened. When I included package into Digital Apocalypse: Arena PvE, I noticed that I have got three copies of some scripts from inventory. One of them come from inventory package via dependency. Another copy from ApocalypticGuns and third one was not bound to any package. So I removed all duplicates from package as well as from game and published(updated) ApocalypticGuns package and then switched back to Digital Apocalypse game, when I have got that error.