Simple Image package

Name: Simple Image

This package provides a “SimpleImage” template. Drag this into your world, and paste in the URL of your image (you can upload UI images and find their URLs here - https://create.crayta.com/images/mine_ui). Preview to instantly see your image in-world! You can also use this for sprites (by changing the widget type in the property window), for example to highlight a pickup in your world.

You can also adjust the opacity of your image - 0 is transparent, 1 is fully opaque.

2 Likes

Hi Adam,
Thanks for making this package. Does this work on the player? I tried dragging the SimpleImage template onto the player template in a couple games that spawn players, and both got error
[Client] [Error] simpleImageScript:9: attempt to index field 'simpleImageWidget' (a nil value).

Dragging the template into the game world works perfectly.

I wondered if player and locator are not compatible. So, I tried to drag the contained script and widget into the player, and got the same error.

Edit: someone on discord helped me to figure it out. I needed to set the widget’s visibility to “everyone”. It’s working perfectly now :slight_smile:

1 Like