A simple package that allows you to add a jump scare to your game. You define the image, how long to display it, and optionally a sound effect to play when the image is shown. The whole thing is activated when a player enters the Jump Scare Trigger.
- Install the Simple Jump Scare package from the Community tab
- Add the User Jump Scare to your User template
- Swap the image out for your image and choose a sound to play
- Add the Jump Scare Trigger template to your world
On the userJumpScareScript there are 2 properties to configure:
- Hide Delay: How long to show the image before hiding it (in seconds).
- Sound Effect: A sound to play when the player enters the trigger (optional).
Using Your Own Image
To use your own image you need to do a few things:
- First upload your image as a “UI Image” on the companion site (create.crayta.com)
- Replace the URL in the userJumpScareWidget (line 24, see image below)
And, per usual, here’s a gif of it in action: