Describe the bug:
using default sunlight at 1200 or directional light at a 45 degree angle (see screenshot), underwater world does not paint shadows correctly.
How do you cause this bug?
- create blank world
- under voxel meshes, duplicate terrain and name water
- fill water voxel mesh as water (deep water was used here)
- place water above terrain and extrude to make water volume of 800 to 1000 deep
- set water back to original position
- adjust time of day to 1200 or place directional light at 45 degrees
- place platform under startlocation
- move startlocation above water
- preview or not as editor will also not shadow correctly
- after spawn in, jump in water
- submerge in water to bottom
screen shot has additional items to show for shadows
i found it easier to see the bug with a directional light underwater
just toggling the shadows on and off in the editor.
sometimes it works, and other times not.
Screenshots / video of bug:
Which platform: PC / Stadia
Which input: Controller / keyboard + mouse
controller and mouse/kbd
Your Crayta username: sinjin
Game seen in (including “Hub” or “Editor for XYZ”):
Water Light Test
also appears in the other 6 attempts at an underwater world
How regularly do you see this? (E.g. 2/3 times - please try 3 times if possible):
Time + date seen: 2022-05-11 2300 GMT
Version number (found in Help tab in Settings):
(PC only) hardware specs (upload dxdiag file if possible - Open and run DxDiag.exe):
The more information you provide, the more likely it is that this bug can be fixed quickly! Also, if this was discussed in Discord / Reddit / elsewhere, it might help to include a screenshot of that discussion!
having shadows from sunlight or a directional light underwater, really helps give the feeling of depth and also direction for the user to see where the player is in relation to the world.