User Keypad

Hello

I just pushed out a package for a simple UI based keypad that allows you to toggle a 9 digit keypad on the user entity.

How to use

1. Download the “User Keypad” package
  2. Attach the script folder template that comes with it to the user entity
  3. Place an instance of the template “KeyPadTrigger” in the world
  4. Update the properties on this trigger to the required code and results (see below for more information). Note that you can place multiple instances of this trigger

Code
The code is configured by adding the number to an array. The default comes with 4 elements in the array which are 1, 2, 3 and 4. You can increase or decrease the number of elements in the array to adjust the length of the code needed by the players.

OnEntrySuccess
This is the event that will trigger if the code is successfully entered.

Code entry
Once the players have entered enough digits for a full attempt the code will determine if they’ve entered the code correctly. I.e., if the keypad requires is a 6 digit code then the script will check once the player has entered 6 digits into the pad. If they are correct, the keypad will close and the event will trigger. If they are wrong then the selected digits will reset and a sound plays accordingly.

Example
You can find an example of how this works here : Crayta

This is a simple example of how the keypad can be used to open a door.

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! What would be the easiest way to use multiple keypads with different codes in the same way? I though duplicating the script but maybe there will be too many scripts on user…

Hi

It would require some code changes to get this to work with multiple keypads and codes. I can have a look at updating it to support this soon :slightly_smiling_face:

Essentially what it would need is the single script to have an array of codes on the user and then some way of linking codes to keypads

1 Like

That sounds amazing, and with that update the package will be perfect for different games :slight_smile: Tell us when you improve it, we want to add it to Gnosis so badly :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, I’ve updated this package @tumbak7 to now allow for multiple codes. The post above should explain what is needed now and the example has also been updated to reflect these changes.

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

Works perfect Russ, thanks a lot! I would only add one thing to the guide or maybe to the template for people who doesn’t know how to put this kind of things.

Actually the package has a trigger for activate it (good for obbys, speedruns, games with not much interaction or only 1 way), but what about if you add one more example template with the free standing button with the script set already on interaction. That would save a lot of time to people who is still learning how Crayta works and this package will become into a really easy plug and play for them :slight_smile:

Btw i’m adding some keypads to Gnosis at this moment :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks again!