Voxel Mesh Physics Simulation is buggy

Describe the bug:
Voxel Meshes with Physics enabled behave very weird, especially when colliding with the Player. There seems to be a lag spike and then you might get launched really far. Physics work fine when using a mesh of a similar shape.

How do you cause this bug?

• Create a Voxel Mesh. Enable Physics on the Voxel Mesh. Playtest: Make it fall down a bit and run into it as a player.

Which platform: PC

Your Crayta username: Vilva#9953

Game seen in (including “Hub” or “Editor for XYZ”): Editor

How regularly do you see this? (E.g. 2/3 times - please try 3 times if possible): Every time

Time + date seen: Oct 31 2021

Version number (found in Help tab in Settings): 0.d5.9.111485

Hi there Vilva,

I have attempted to reproduce this issue but seems normal on my side.

I may need some additional information:

Would it be possible to upload/share a video of what you may be experiencing?
Would it be possible to attach a Log of this issue?

Was the voxel Mesh really big?
What were the gravity settings at?
Colision enabled/disabled?

Hi Kathel,

to be honest I’m a bit nitpicky here. I also couldn’t reproduce getting launched very far, but I’m sure that it happened at one point. I made a small video here: 2021-11-02 10-39-08

As you can see I’m getting launched below the ground for a few frames. In the second clip the voxel mesh is vibrating for no apparent reason.

If you think this is too nitpicky, feel free to close this bug report.

Best regards,
Vilva

Hey Vilva,

Thank you for the quick response. No such thing is being nitpicky. :stuck_out_tongue:

With all the bugs you guys enter I try my best to see if this occurs on my side. Even though I’m not the greatest at coding, I myself learn a lot from you guys lol.

I will give it another go, and I will let you know if I can create a ticket for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Vilva!

So I have gone ahead and entered this issue into the system for you! :+1:t2:
The issue did occur for me. Seems like my items were too big.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we shall get a fix for this soon. :relaxed:

1 Like

You can also observe this in the game CRAFTING PACKAGE DEMO WORLD: Crayta

Just place down some objects and try to jump on them. The player will then vibrate and get launched sometimes.